ReqXChanger – The Gearwheel between Requirements and Modeling
The Willert ReqXChanger offers an interface between requirements management and modeling tools, providing synchronisation of requirements and related information. It supports common requirements management tools, such as DOORS and Polarion, and the leading UML / SysML modeling solution – IBM Rational Rhapsody. Further, it supports the widely established UML tool Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems.
By using the ReqXChanger, you are able to make a complete traceability and impact analysis for your requirements and your model elements.
New and noteworthy in ReqXChanger 1.6.0:
- Option for marking new requirements as <New>
- quick fixes for reading HTML files of ModelCoverageResult (created by TestConductor) as XHTML description
- Rhapsody: Helper for removing <New>, <Changed>, <Deleted> from all requirements inside the configured root package
- Separator of Package names (“.”) can be escaped using “\” for configuring a root package
- EA: Do not set «changed» when requirement was only deleted.
- Option for setting a custom Identifier for roundtrip documents (documents for the model elements)
- When using multiple documents, ensure, that the used Identifier is unique when exporting multiple documents into one Root Package. For DOORS: Use separate root packages for each ReqIF document from DOORS. You may also now use the new feature for custom roundtrip ID to ensure a unique roundtrip document ID to merge the document in your RM tool.
- For roundtripped descriptions of UML artifacts, line breaks cannot be considered currently.
- DOORS cannot handle the default XHTML format for formatted text in ReqIF, so that roundtripped test results will not be displayed properly.
- DOORS will show UML diagram images as a shortcut symbol, which you must select in order to see the diagram picture
Upgrade from previous version
Upgrade from version 1.4.1:
- Just extract and start the new version
If you are upgrading from an already licensed previous ReqXChanger version 1.3.0 – 1.4.0:
- If you have unsaved configuration in your ReqXChanger, before upgrading, save the configuration into a file. After upgrading, load the file with the new version of the ReqXChanger again.
- You have to re-enter your license key.
If you are upgrading from an already licensed previous ReqXChanger version 1.2.9 or before, you need to request a new license key. Please send us the data which are provided by the license dialog when starting the application to get a free upgrade of your license key which is valid for ReqXChanger 1.3.0 and above.
Evaluation of ReqXChanger
This version of the ReqXChanger requires a valid license, but includes an evaluation mode. If you do not have a valid license key, the ReqXChanger will start in Evaluation mode, which has the following limitations:
- Allowed only for using for evaluation purposes. No commercial usage allowed.
- Dialog at startup, which informs about being in evaluation mode
- Appends an evaluation postfix to the name of requirements in UML tools