ReqXChanger – The Gearwheel between Requirements and Modeling
The Willert ReqXChanger offers an interface between requirements management and modeling tools, providing synchronisation of requirements and related information. It supports common requirements management tools, such as DOORS and Polarion, and the leading UML / SysML modeling solution – IBM Rational Rhapsody. Further, it supports the widely established UML tool Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems.
By using the ReqXChanger, you are able to make a complete traceability and impact analysis for your requirements and your model elements.
New and noteworthy in ReqXChanger 1.4.1:
- Diagram IMAGE Roundtrip: Roundtrip Diagram Images, for diagrams, which have a dependency to requirements
- Enterprise Architect: Use “Diagram Frame” and “Diagram Reference” for creating Dependencies
- Polarion: In order to correctly update images when frequently doing roundtrips, at least Polarion Version 2017.3 is needed
- Support for ReqIFz (Zip) files
- New File Logger for logging into files (use with the following command line argument: -logger “de.wst.wstxchanger.core.logger.fileLogger”)
- included Java Runtime Environment
- Rhapsody: While writing requirements, Model Browser refresh will be disabled to speedup processing requirements
- Mapping Options: child attributes of Related Documents and other referenced elements can be used now
- Specification/Document Export: Create information in Rhapsody/EA for attributes of Specifications/Documents, if it is configured to have separated packages for documents
- Requirement Identifier Option allows to consider values of parent documents (packages) now, e.g. to use also DOORS module prefix for Requirements ID.
Provides multiple Documents support also for DOORS now
- Using document properties to identify requirements globally is only recommended if requirements have no global, unique identifier themselves
- This feature can only be used if Requirements are exported into a subpackage for each Specification/Document!
- New Option: Configure custom name for roundtrip model elements type:
Mode > Advanced > Roundtrip Model Elements > Model Element Types > Model Elements Type LongName
- Configuration files (*.mxc) can be opened directly with the ReqXChanger using the Windows “Open with…” mechanism
Note: You have to manually configure Windows to open mxc-Files with ReqXChanger once.
- New command line parameter “-saveConfig” for Saving the configuration to a file when closing the ReqXChanger
- File format for saving has been changed
- Rhapsody: Roundtrip TestResult “verdict”:
When roundtripping TestResults, also roundtrip the contained verdict Tag as an additional subelement (SpecObject) of the TestResult.
- License key from version 1.3.0 and above is still valid, but needs to be reentered. In case your key is not accepted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Show version number and loaded configuration file path in title
- Ask for saving configuration, when closing the application and a config file was loaded with modified options
- When using multiple documents, ensure, that the used Identifier is unique when exporting multiple documents into one Root Package. For DOORS: Use separate root packages for each ReqIF document from DOORS.
- For roundtripped descriptions of UML artifacts, line breaks cannot be considered currently.
- DOORS cannot handle the default XHTML format for formatted text in ReqIF, so that roundtripped test results will not be displayed properly.
Upgrade from previous version
If you are upgrading from an already licensed previous ReqXChanger version 1.3.0 or above:
- If you have unsaved configuration in your ReqXChanger, before upgrading, save the configuration into a file. After upgrading, load the file with the new version of the ReqXChanger again.
- You have to re-enter your license key.
If you are upgrading from an already licensed previous ReqXChanger version 1.2.9 or before, you need to request a new license key. Please send us the data which are provided by the license dialog when starting the application to get a free upgrade of your license key which is valid for ReqXChanger 1.3.0 and above.
Evaluation of ReqXChanger
This version of the ReqXChanger requires a valid license, but includes an evaluation mode. If you do not have a valid license key, the ReqXChanger will start in Evaluation mode, which has the following limitations:
- Allowed only for using for evaluation purposes. No commercial usage allowed.
- Dialog at startup, which informs about being in evaluation mode
- Appends an evaluation postfix to the name of requirements in UML tools